Build your competitive advantage by gaining experience with business applications from Microsoft that help organizations elevate financial performance and run smarter operations.
Transform your technical business skills by exploring the management of data, business processes, and operations with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. Learn key functionalities, leverage reporting tools, and experience the mobile workspaces of this application.
Consume a variety of videos, scenarios, and customer stories designed to showcase finance and operations management. Develop your skills by completing the hands-on course activities.
Thousands of organizations need educated individuals with business application experience for a wide range of job opportunities within accounting, finance, operations, supply chain, and information technology. Complete this finance, operations, and business management course to receive a certificate of achievement to showcase your skills.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 business applications help organizations worldwide empower their employees, engage customers, and optimize operations. Dynamics 365 helps organizations unify data and relationships, build intelligence, and accelerate business transformation.
Enroll in this course today! View the syllabus below.
What You’ll Learn:
Module 1: Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
This module explains the basic concepts of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- What is ERP?
- Challenges with traditional ERP systems
- Digital transformation with Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
Module 2: Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
This module introduces Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations as a cloud-based solution.
- What is a cloud-based solution?
- Driving productivity with workspaces
- Managing business processes using workflows
- Reporting data
Module 3: Key Functionality
This module demonstrates the key functionalities in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
Module 4: Mobile Experiences
This module demonstrates the mobile experiences available in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, including mobile browser access, Dynamics 365 Unified Operations mobile app, and PowerApps.
- Creating and managing workspaces
- Exploring invoice approvals, expense management, purchase orders, and sales orders
- Leveraging workspaces for organizational management and vendor collaboration
Module 5: Reporting and Analytics
This module introduces the reporting and analytic tools in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
- What is the current reporting landscape?
- Designing reports with Financial Report Designer
- Exploring data management and visualizations with Microsoft Power BI
Module 6: Navigating the Web Client Interface
This module explains the navigation of Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
- Navigating the web client interface
- Utilizing page options, document attachments, and the Help system functionality
- Introducing favorites, recent locations and keyboard shortcuts
Module 7: Finding and Filtering Techniques
This module discusses finding and filtering techniques including the find feature and grid filter.
- Demonstrating key finding and filtering techniques
- Managing wildcards to make filtering more intuitive and simple for users
- Reviewing page and action searches
Module 8: User Interface Views and Features
This module explores views and modes. It explains how modes can be changed to alter the look and functionality of certain pages.
- Exploring segmented entry control
- Demonstrating workspace features
- Introducing the view and edit mode
- Utilizing the grid, details, line, and header views
You are graded on the following:
There is a graded assessment at the end of each module, including the course review. The course also includes multiple labs that are not graded.
- 90% of total available points - Module Assessment questions. There will be a short quiz at the end of each module that covers just the material from that module. You will have two attempts to answer each module assessment question correctly.
- 10% of total available points - Course Review Assessment questions. There will be a short quiz at the end of the course review that covers material from the course. You will have two attempts to answer each module assessment question correctly.
You need to score 70% or better cumulatively to pass this course.
Please review the course syllabus for details about creating a trial environment to complete the labs.
View Course Syllabus
Labs are presented in some modules. You can download the entire lab document for future reference.
Open Lab Document