About This Course
The goal of this course is to give you a good understanding of how to create, deliver and configure containerized applications.
Containers can run on your local machine but the real power lies in the fact that these exact same containers can also run in production, giving you a very nice and consistent way of bringing software to production. In production environments containers run on a set of machines managed by cluster orchestration software, and this course will show you how you can create, deploy and configure your containerized applications on Microsoft Azure using Azure Container service and Azure Service Fabric.
Of course a cluster needs to be set up in such a way that we can manage and operate it, so you will learn how to configure the cluster, and how to manage them so that you have constant insights into how your application is doing in production, and how you can scale up and down based on demand, and deploy containers without having any downtime.
You will learn how a cluster works, how to set it up and how you can manage your production environments. Then you will learn how to deploy your containers in a cluster using continuous delivery infrastructure like Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
- Good working Knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of Azure Resource Manager (ARM) and Templatization
- Knowledge of general application development and deployment processes
What you'll learn
- Learn how to create container images, and how to manage multiple containers using tools like Docker
- Learn how to set up a production cluster to host your containers
- Learn how to deploy containerized applications to different orchestrators that are available in Azure i.e. DC/OS, Docker swarm and Kubernetes
- Learn how to scale up the clusters, manage data and set up monitoring to proactively keep track of the clusters health and its deployed applications
- Learn how to create, monitor and manage a Service Fabric cluster.
- Learn how to manage and maintain Azure hosted clusters and containers in a better way.
- Learn how to deploy containerized applications to one of the available cluster container solutions, using continuous delivery pipelines.
- Learning how to manage these clusters in production scenarios.
Marcel de Vries
Microsoft MVP in Visual Studio and Development Technologies; Microsoft Regional Director and CTO at Xpirit.
Microsoft MVP in Microsoft Azure, Ethical Hacker, Cloud Solutions Architect and Consultant at Xpirit