About This Course
This course provides an introduction to concepts and practices involved in the creation of a DevOps application development solution.
At a high level, this course will cover the following topics with text, videos, practice labs, and review questions. A final exam will be required to pass in order to receive a certificate for this course.
1. DevOps Fundamentals, including core values of DevOps, definitions and concepts, lifecycle, pipelines, version control, testing, compliance and security, and how to become a DevOps change agent.
2. Deploy and Configure Standardized Environments, including configuration management, infrastructure as code, environment deployment, database as code, IaaS environments, PaaS environments, container environments, ARM, templates, and DSC.
3. Build and Deploy Automatically to Production Automatically and Consistently, including automated builds, continuous integration, automated deployments, continuous delivery, release pipelines, package management, and containers.
4. Test automatically Before and In Production, including value of automated testing, testing workflow, shifting left, continuous testing, unit tests, integration tests, load tests, UI tests, and test-driven development.
5. Continuous Learning from Production to Improve and Scale Business Results, including application performance monitoring, application targets, topology, transactions, data retention strategies, exposure control strategies, and hypothesis-driven development.
After completing this course, you should be able to understand how to begin crafting a release pipeline that includes continunous integration techniques, continuous testing practices, monitoring, treating infrastructure and configuration as code, and deploying frequently and automatically. This course provides the fundamental concepts to prepare you for deeper dives into the specific DevOps practices.
This course is for anyone involved in the development and delivery of software in an organization and interested in learning and adopting DevOps practice on Microsoft Azure.
Prerequisites of the course include:
Experience working inside an organization that delivers software;
Fundamental knowledge of Azure and a basic understanding of version control and Agile software development process;
Experience with software development using Microsoft tools and understanding of core development principles.
More About Microsoft Training
In an increasingly digital world, people, not technology, will disrupt the status quo. In pursuit of their digital goals, CIOs say the most common barrier is a shortage of talent with the right skills.
As an IT pro or developer working amid the churn of digital transformation, you will be asked to do things differently. You’ll need deep skills, expertise, and confidence to implement meaningful technical solutions that meet advanced customer needs. Microsoft Azure is a platform with enormous potential and is also flexible enough to meet and extend customers’ existing infrastructure, enabling hybrid and open source solutions. Now you can build freely and deploy anywhere with a cloud you can trust.
Get started now!